Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Like You Should by Kadence Snow

 

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐰
My life is a mess.

No plans for the future, constantly disappointing everyone, and now some creep is threatening me, making me do reprehensible things.

Oh! And a teacher is somehow involved too. Easton Monroe is strict, aloof, and not at all what everyone at school thinks he is. The more I dig beneath his neat shirts and disapproving frowns, the more I catch feelings for the complicated man.

I have to figure him out – before we do something we’ll both regret.

𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧
My life is a lie.

In a job I can’t stand, alone and miserable, the anonymous psycho blackmailing me is the only person I speak to regularly.

In case I didn’t have enough to stress about, a student is being targeted by the same psycho. Harlow Mead is stubborn, brave and so much more than she lets people see. She’s determined to fight and more beguiling the more I get to know her.

I have to get us out of this deadly situation – before I ruin us both. 


Wowza. This was definitely a slow burn, due to the taboo nature, but man was the burn hot, hot, hot! This is Harlowe's story, and I have to say, she's been my favorite character throughout the series. She's the nerdy younger sister of Donna, the Queen Bee of her private school, and I LOVED how she wasn't ashamed of who she was. She never tried to be like her sister, or try to hide her likes and dislikes. She has her own style and plays video games with her best friends' boyfriends and I think it's awesome. 

While reading Donna's book, Like You Hurt, I wondered if Mr. Monroe would be our sexy teacher love in Like You Should. He intrigued me with his sexy, scowly face and his totally standoffish demeanor. I was really happy to get to know the man under the sweater!

Harlowe and Easton together are perfect together. He's so cranky at school, and I love how she chips away to get to his true personality. He's so warm and loving and understands Harlowe perfectly. They, like Donna and Hendrix and Mena and Tanner before them, become embroiled in the evil beast that is BestLyf. The intensity and nature of the situation definitely keeps them in closer proximity than they would otherwise be, and that proximity was Phew! And even though we have to wait a while for the big "bow chicka", there's so much build-up heat, it's all worth the wait.

Last note: Oh My Gosh! What the heck is BestLyf going to screw with next!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment