Thursday, February 18, 2021

Off Limits by Jerica MacMillan

 




She’s my best friend’s little sister …

That alone should be enough to make me keep my hands to myself. Knowing her brother’s extra protective should seal the deal.

But after Ellie turns up on our doorstep while her brother’s not home and falls asleep on the couch after a misunderstanding with her roommate, I can’t seem to stay away.

I’m not normally the kind of guy who only wants what he can’t have, but in Ellie’s case, I seem to be making an exception.

But how can I have her brother’s back on the football field while stabbing him in it the rest of the time?



I LOVED this book! Sometimes a sports romance can be really shallow, with a mostly jerky star athlete who needs to be taken down a peg or two. That is so not the case with Off Limits. Simon is the sweetest giant left tackle you could ever meet and is actually a bit of a nerdy, quiet guy. While he is a star on the offensive line, he definitely doesn't act like the sun shines out his bum. I also loved Ellie. She feels really out of place in her world and Simon is the perfect, supportive man to help her realize who she is is perfectly awesome. 

Of course there is the underlying worry of, "Oh, crap. My brother is going to kill us if he finds out." But the way the story unfolds isn't like you expect and I love how vulnerable all of the characters are when things go south. It really gives them the opportunity for a lot of growth and I love the direction the resolution took. All in all, I very much enjoyed this book and will be diving in to Ms. MacMillan's previous works to see what else she has to offer.

Additionally, we got a tiny taste of Cal's book (Ellie's brother) at the very end. I think that one might be even better than this was.

I received an ARC of Off Limits and am voluntarily leaving a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment