Sunday, February 21, 2021

Toxic by Cole Lepley

 




Sloan Prescott is done with bad boys and bad choices. When she moves to Arizona, she's looking for a fresh start, far away from her drug dealing ex and all the complications that went with him. She doesn't have the stomach for a life of uncertainty.

Flynn Davis is the President of the Thanatos Motorcycle Club, one of the most feared and revered organizations in Arizona. As such, he's used to getting what he wants from whoever he wants whenever he wants.

When Flynn and Sloan have a chance encounter in a coffee shop, sparks fly. Sloan wants nothing to do with the arrogant man who screams trouble and reminds her of the past. But Flynn loves nothing better than a challenge, and Sloan just threw down the gauntlet.



Ok. Wow! I did not expect to like this book as much as I did. I will fervently admit to the fact that I was initially drawn to it because of the cover. It is along the lines of one of my favorite authors, MJ Fields. I love a ripped, tattooed, bad boy. But this book was SO much more than that. 

Flynn isn't your typical MC President. Sure, he's arrogant, sexy, has tattoos out the wazoo acts like he owns the joint. But there's a lot to him under the surface, including some serious mental health struggles. I really like how they were handled. They were very realistic and given the proper care and courtesy that someone who has the same struggles will feel heard and seen. 

The love story was equally as beautiful. I love when you can feel the connection between characters right away. That feeling you get when you can see them both get smacked right in the face with something they weren't expecting. And while this book was very steamy, it wasn't just raunchy sex with no substance. Sloan and Flynn had a very deep emotional aspect to their relationship. 

I go back and forth on whether or not I like MC books, but this one was so good! I'm definitely picking up the next in the series. 

I received an ARC of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment