Friday, January 8, 2021

Busted Steel by M.J. Fields


She’s the forbidden fruit, and I’m her dirty fantasy.

Four years ago, she kissed me. She said she was nineteen. She wasn’t even close. To make it even worse, she’s daddy’s little princess.
Then, a year ago, I was hired to head a security team for her out-of-control younger sister while on a world tour with the band Foreplay. I vowed to stay away from her, becoming a shadow in the dark whenever she was around. Now she’s been hired to photograph her sister’s sixty-day honeymoon, all around the world.

She’s not a little girl anymore. She makes damn sure I notice that, too. But I’m still the same man.

Falling is not an option. However, each day, she’s making it harder and harder to avoid.

I promised myself not to break her heart, yet mine lies in busted pieces all over the world. 

I will lead off by saying I ADORE an age-gap romance. These men tend to have been single until now because they haven't found the other part of their soul, and it is so fun watching them get knocked on their a**es by confident, strong, young women who know what they want, despite what everyone else is telling them.

And that is precisely what M.J. Fields has given us with Busted Steel.

As I always do, I will recommend that you don't read this one unless you are at least caught up with AT LEAST the original Men of Steel and the Steel Crew series'. Although I would recommend also reading Ties of Steel, Tied in Steel and Steel Country, as these characters and their stories do show up in parts. 

Busted Steel is the story that we have all been waiting for! We first meet 25 year-old Ranger, aka Wyatt Dalton, in Tagged Steel, which is the first of the Steel Crew series. He's fairly peripheral to the story, other than he's part of the reality tv show for tattoo artist ex-cons that brings Bella and Tags together. We get our best and juiciest glimpse of him when he runs into Brisa "Little Bit" Steel at an underground fight in Laced Steel. Brisa, who is 15, worms her way into Ranger's heart with her sweet nature, then plants a juicy kiss on him. She tells him she's 19 and dashes away. Unfortunately for her, he shows up to her house the next day and finds out she is not indeed 15. Before it all goes sideways, we get a look into Brisa's head where she has already decided Ranger is it for her. Her forever, the father of her babies, the whole shebang. It breaks her heart when he does the understandably correct thing and cuts off communication with her. 

I just knew there would be a delicious story for them to come in the future and I could kiss M.J. for finally giving it to us. 

Busted Steel starts four-years later when Brisa and Ranger are thrust together on a trip that neither of them can get out of. Cue the chemistry that has been between them all along and they can't ignore it when they are literally spending every day together. I absolutely loved them together. Ranger was so broken and Brisa had never endured hardship in her life. He thought she wouldn't get it and she knew he just needed to let her in. Seeing Brisa break down his walls and allow him to be the man inside was so beautiful. And the ending. *swoon* I've reread it a million times because it gives me all the feels. 

On top of how awesome Busted Steel was, there were a few juicy tidbits about some potential goodies in the books to come and I absolutely love that we never leave a Steel couple behind. I love continuing to learn more about everyone, even when their books are over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment