Thursday, January 28, 2021

Obsessed by Jolie Vines

 


He's the leader of the mountain rescue service. She might just need saving.

Lochie

For too long, I've been alone. Just me and my daughter. Keeping her safe is everything, so taking a job in the remote Scottish Highlands suits us fine.

I shouldn't need anything more.

Yet I'm beyond distracted by a lass.

Smart, beautiful, and living right next door, Cait McRae makes it clear she's not interested. Every sly glance tells another story.

It's all I can do not to throw her over my shoulder and take her home.

Cait might claim she only wants to explore the physical, but I know she's wrong.

She's mine.

If the people pursuing us both don't destroy what we've found.


Cait

I always knew I was different. No one ever caught my eye.

Until a huge, scowling man moves in next door. He's the new head of the mountain rescue service, and a single dad to a sweet little girl.

Turns out, I'm a late bloomer, as all I can think about is Lochie.

But someone else wants me.

A series of strange events point to one conclusion. I have a stalker, and the danger I'm in is only just starting.

Obsessed is the first in Jolie Vines’ new Wild Mountain Scots series. It follows her Marry the Scot and Wild Scots series’. I recommend reading those first before jumping in to this one. Start with Storm the Castle.

Lochie and his daughter are forced to move to stay safe, but from what, we don’t know. His first introduction to Cait is finding her outside her house with a threat painted on her door. The last thing he needs is to be around a woman who may have just as many things to fear as he does, but he can’t seem to stay away. And though Cait has accepted there will never be a special person for her, she can’t stop thinking about Lochie. Unfortunately for them both, the things they fear threaten to tear them apart.

If you’ve been keeping up with Ms. Vines’ Scots, this is seriously the best one yet. Cait has intrigued me since we learned that she really isn’t interested in intimacy and nobody has ever gotten her worked up. I just knew whoever was going to be the lucky guy had to be ultra manly and take-charge. Boy was I right! Loki was all kinds of yum and was exactly perfect for Cait. He challenged her, but completely accepted where she was at and never pressured her or made her feel wrong for the way she felt. Add in a cute daughter, a few wicked fantasies and a stalker and you get one delicious package. I’m looking very forward to reading Hunted, Cait’s cousin, Cameron’s story.

No comments:

Post a Comment